AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2017-08-15 23:15:15

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Chocolate Muscovy Genetics

Galaboys.........You have some interesting colours in your muscovies.   Fun when you aren't breeding for show, colours can be

amazing.

#17 2017-08-15 23:19:24

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Yeah, they are a lot of fun! I have done pretty well with my chickens at shows, but it is a lot of work, so it is kind of relaxing to have something that doesn't have the pressures of breed improvement and preservation.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers   www.partridgechanteclers.com
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - www.lakelandchickengroup.com

#18 2017-08-16 00:12:05

niglefritz

I have wondered for a while if the juveniles show a touch of brown in their feathering, are they carrying chocolate in there somewhere?

Also, we have one feathering out blue pied, but he has touches of a cool brown (almost a bronze) in his end tail feathers. I have not seen this before, but we do have a new drake.

We are getting some interesting looking birds out of our ducks this year.

FOCUS: blue JG FUN: RIR, copper marans, silkies, guinea, muscovy, IR
WTB: SP SUSSEX; IR: Black, white, & fawn & white hens; Guinea: pearl hens, Cayuga
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#19 2017-08-16 05:54:00

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

I think we need more pictures of strange coloured muscovies.......ANYBODY??????

#20 2017-08-16 15:34:56

niglefritz

I still need to take the time to figure out what photo service I want to use. ..

FOCUS: blue JG FUN: RIR, copper marans, silkies, guinea, muscovy, IR
WTB: SP SUSSEX; IR: Black, white, & fawn & white hens; Guinea: pearl hens, Cayuga
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

Board footer