AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-26 01:04:46

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

The boys chillin'

Just hanging around on the driveway.
https://image.ibb.co/mKBfHQ/IMG_6237.jpg

What a bunch of turkeys. :veryfunny:
The pink dye is hog marker so I can tell which ones are the breeders I want to keep.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#2 2017-08-26 02:05:37

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Re: The boys chillin'

:Congrats2:  On your beautiful boys.  Good way to figure out who stays. :cull:

#3 2017-08-26 16:10:07

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

Beautiful

#4 2017-08-26 19:30:06

susanr

Nice show!

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#5 2017-08-27 05:00:03

TIGA Acres
New Here
Website

Very nice birds.  We were at Fort Steele, BC, 2 weeks ago, and the male wild turkey came to show off that he was the boss.

I would send a picture, but I have not figured out how to do that yet in this forum.  Any tips?

At TIGA Acres, we are committed to providing you with Fertrell® and other organic and natural products for healthy animals and soils.

#6 2017-08-27 10:04:09

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Very nice.  I guess the ones without the pink dye will be headed off to freezer camp? 

TIGA Acres wrote:

Very nice birds.  We were at Fort Steele, BC, 2 weeks ago, and the male wild turkey came to show off that he was the boss.

I would send a picture, but I have not figured out how to do that yet in this forum.  Any tips?

Try this
http://albertachickensetc.punbb-hosting … p?id=34165

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#7 2017-08-27 18:01:45

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

The pink ones are the ones I keep. As they get bigger it gets harder to tell parents from kids so I start spraying the adults. That way in the excitement of butcher day I know who to grab.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#8 2017-08-27 23:33:44

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Very nice.  I'm glad I'm not the only one with a pack of turkey toms wandering around.

I've had a nasty shock - called the butcher to confirm the kill date next week only to be told butcher had left and there was no kill date available - not sure if they will even hire a new butcher.  I've been sure for a long time they lose money consistently so this may be the end for this facility. Grim.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#9 2017-08-28 00:13:22

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Bingo dabbers work really well for marking turkeys too.

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

Board footer