AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-30 23:07:11

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Roosters for Sale$5.

So the unreliable butcher has done it again and cancelled my kill date.  I have some lovely big roosters of these breeds:

White Chantecler
Buckeye

And these bantam roosters:

Golden Sebright and
White Plymouth Rock.

all hatched spring 2017

I'm going to Williams Lake next week and Prince George in mid September. I'd bring anyone interested a rooster for $5 just to get my numbers down.  I hate butchering!

I also have some of last year's turkey toms  - $10 each - Beltsville Small White turkeys, again the butcher made then cancelled the kill date last minute.

Clearly I need to either stop hatching or find another butcher.  Has anyone used the facility in Quesnel?

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#2 2017-08-31 01:01:52

Back2roots
Growing Member

Re: Roosters for Sale$5.

I think you should find another butcher, regardless. ;-)

#3 2017-08-31 03:59:45

Schipperkesue
Administrator

darn!  That's a real kick in the pants!  I have no advice other than to commiserate with you on the unreliability if this guy.  But sure am glad you don't raise those eating machines, Cornish Giants!

:cull:

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#4 2017-08-31 17:35:06

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Nearest poultry butcher is in Quesnel, more than four hours away.  But yes, no point relying on the local abattoir.   No more hatching for me!

www.tatlayokofold.com

#5 2017-08-31 19:02:26

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

We have switched to processing our own as the costs of the gov't approved facilities are too high and they only want white birds.  As a result we do not sell  meat poultry now.  We may hire a mobile processor, but then the poultry is still only for personal consumption as we do not have an approved docking station.

HG, we could help you cut down on your hatching next year.  We bought 6 poults this spring.  One died soon after arriving here which left 5.  All 5 have grown into nice toms which leaves us looking for 2 unrelated hens before next spring.  We don't have room at present for additions until after some toms and roosters have moved into the freezer.

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Black and Blue Cochins, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.
Beltsville Turkeys.

#6 2017-08-31 21:23:09

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

I have a few poults of undetermined sex, I am sure some must be hens. I'll let you know Rosewood.  I have 18 adult toms and 3 adult females.  Crazy.

We had one of last year's butchered roosters last night - it was fantastic.

www.tatlayokofold.com

#7 2017-08-31 23:29:03

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

Fall fair weekend here so we have cooked up two turkeys for those staying at the fair grounds and those staying home-prearranged meals.  The undetermined part is scary because those that fall under that description turn into males here.

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Black and Blue Cochins, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.
Beltsville Turkeys.

Board footer