AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2017-09-13 16:59:48

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

Re: New screen too wide

Uno - how does shrinking the image solve the problem of the monitor too big for your desk?:coffeebusy:

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#17 2017-09-14 00:18:21

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

I am not fond of Bell Telephone or Microsoft, either! Or Visa or Mastercard. Or governments bigger than municipal.

#18 2017-09-14 10:40:04

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

shaneb99 wrote:

Uno - how does shrinking the image solve the problem of the monitor too big for your desk?:coffeebusy:

uno wrote:

ROsewood, those big monitors were sure fancy looking, but I don't have room on my squishy little desk for those monster screens. I am happy with Gala's suggestion to simply squish the 'frame' down. Worked like a charm. Why didn't I think of that?

She doesn't have a big monitor, just a new wide screen one that she could not change the resolution to what she was comfortable using.  She now shrinks things down and is happy once again.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#19 2017-09-14 17:42:24

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Well Shane, the new monitor is a 19 inch as opposed to my old 17 inch. BUt the other monitors lined up at the store were 21, 23, 25, 27..you get the picture. They were physically huge. For gamers apparently. I am past my gaming phase. Having killed Diablo several times over, I'm done with that. BUt the 19 inch screen used the whole area as its display, making everything fit and thus everything was very long, left to right. Using Gala's suggestion to slightly shrink the viewing area makes it more pleasant for me to view. I think my eyeballs don't work as well as they used to. It took a little getting used to the fact that I see my desktop icons on either side of the active screen, but now it's all good.

Board footer