AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-06 16:54:42

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

New rabbit tractor

I got my new rabbit tractor done.  Now it's ready to put to work with some 6 week old growers.

It's 12ft X 4ft and 2ft high. The top is all hinged so I can open it up in 4ft sections anywhere.  The wheels are old launch wheels from a boat.

https://image.ibb.co/ieptXF/IMG_6161.jpg

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#2 2017-08-06 17:38:32

susanr

Re: New rabbit tractor

That's awesome!  :thumbsup:

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#3 2017-08-07 04:08:37

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

It's in action. 19 - 6 week old weaners enjoying their new home.
https://preview.ibb.co/nOyMma/IMG_6163.jpg

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#4 2017-08-07 10:32:37

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Very nice.  Is it heavy to move?

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#5 2017-08-07 13:33:18

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

Do you have a wire bottom in it?

#6 2017-08-07 14:31:54

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

It's got 2" stucco wire floor in it and it's easy to move.  When the wheels are down it lifts the back by 4" and then it's just like a big wheelbarrow. It's made of 2"x2" frame with 3/8" ply covering the enclosed parts. All pretty light.

#7 2017-09-15 16:14:19

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

After using my rabbit tractor for a month I'm really happy with it. I move it every morning. The rabbits clean the grass underneath every day and it's amazing to see the track in the grass where it's gone. Plus they leave fertilizer behind for the next crop.

#8 2017-09-16 00:02:19

Schipperkesue
Administrator

So glad this is working well!  I love my rabbit tractors.  They are multipurpose and serve as great tractors for a new mom and chicks!

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

Board footer