AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-10-11 16:43:35

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Excellent Christmas Gift Idea!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUNbfREovAQDmGmsr0OFDxYsmPGRjurbE2uI5DSKQHEzufPG3vLQ

Last edited by Fowler (2017-10-13 14:15:22)

Black Ameraucana

#2 2017-10-11 17:09:27

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Excellent Christmas Gift Idea!

Meh, or just choose a woman who tells you straight out what she wants you to do.

Also referred to as "bossy" or b!t(#/.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers   www.partridgechanteclers.com
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - www.lakelandchickengroup.com

#3 2017-10-11 18:35:32

susanr

:rofl:

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#4 2017-10-12 11:36:02

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

:veryfunny:

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#5 2017-10-12 12:29:18

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Oh too funny.
Sadly I am the one who forgets, repeatedly, the wedding anniversary. Mind you my 6th anniversary present was an S&W 38sp Chiefs special (6 chambers) awesome gift!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#6 2017-10-12 15:25:12

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

GalaBoys wrote:

Meh, or just choose a woman who tells you straight out what she wants you to do.

Also referred to as "bossy" or b!t(#/.

Don't know what to tell ya.  I guess you shouldn't buy this fake product?  :confused:

Black Ameraucana

#7 2017-10-13 10:23:56

AuntieEvil
Website

I love the 7 easy payments of $99.... Now, where is the chicken translator?

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#8 2017-10-13 12:22:59

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

I have received a confidential message regarding this post.  It reads

"Manslater from ACE-  i find it insulting, sexist and discriminatory.  I know it is a joke but I feel the need to speak against the norm of years of treating women in such a manner, and could not share my thoughts when so many mods had given it a thumbs up.  So often sexism continues in this world as ‘just a joke’."

I believe that this was posted as a joke.  I took it as a joke and did not give it any deep thought till I received the message. 

I'm not sure how to proceed with this. 
There will be no discussion regarding the person that sent the message.  Who are we to judge how people feel about things like this.   Don't say he or she is over sensitive as we have no idea what this person has endured in their life. 
When we say or do  nothing,  things like this will continue to hurt and insult.  When is it okay to hurt and insult a group of people because of gender,  or religion, sexual preference,  race and so on.

Not open for discussion, just think on it and reflect.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#9 2017-10-13 14:01:00

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

I know you said no discussion but I just want to point out that I saw it differently.  To me, the joke is on the men.  It takes female words and translates it into caveman talk that a man can comprehend.  Likewise the simple male talk is then translated into complex sentences that a woman uses. 

I can agree that it is a sexist joke but I took it to be the male that was the butt of it and I thought it was hilarious.

Last edited by Fowler (2017-10-13 14:03:18)

Black Ameraucana

#10 2017-10-13 14:15:57

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Actually, never mind.

Since it offends I have removed it.

Black Ameraucana

#11 2017-10-13 18:31:11

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

I found I funny too. As for the chicken translator suggestion, my chickens don't need one. SIster marches up with the 2 babies in tow and stands in front of me telling me what she requires and how I am deficient in something (e.g. substandard treat) She then turns to the babies to point out how I am to be handled for the future!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#12 2017-10-13 18:44:38

yardbirds
Administrator

:LOLOLOL:

killerbunny wrote:

I found I funny too. As for the chicken translator suggestion, my chickens don't need one. SIster marches up with the 2 babies in tow and stands in front of me telling me what she requires and how I am deficient in something (e.g. substandard treat) She then turns to the babies to point out how I am to be handled for the future!

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#13 2017-10-14 06:03:18

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Hold the phone! Not saying it was insulting, not saying it wasn't. But boy oh boy, the right to disagree is written large and in indelible ink. Because this is not the hold-hands-and-sing-kumbaya site. This is a discussion forum! There is nothing more dull than a homogenized crowd, and I will vote against it at every turn. So I would encourage anyone to say what burns in their chest. Of course, how you say it might be an issue, but your right to disagree is upheld by the majority. Just sayin.

#14 2017-10-14 14:56:30

Ipf
I Love A.C.E.

Wish I'd seen it. . .  was away working for a few days.
Agree 100% with Uno.

#15 2017-10-14 15:30:15

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

I for one found it totally offensive. It objectives men and perpetuates the stereotype that men are dumb and women are smart that we see so often portrayed in commercials and TV sitcoms. I think it's time for men to step up and take their rightful place at the table as equals not subjects of ridicule.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

Board footer