AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-11-09 19:26:47

GERWYN
New Here

Muscovy duck abattoir

Looking to have my Muscovy ducks processes ASAP

I’m not having much luck looking for an abattoir that processes 80-85 Muscovy ducks for me ? If anyone knows of a place, It would be greatly appreciated. I’ve called quite a few Hutterite colonies (generally don’t do ducks, I’ve even shown up to ask ugh or I’ve left a message for no response yet) I’m located in Vulcan County, AB

Last edited by GERWYN (2017-11-09 19:29:19)

#2 2017-11-09 19:47:53

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Muscovy duck abattoir

Hairy Hill Colony in east central Alberta I believe does ducks, but they have likely stopped processing for the year now, as they'll be on to wild game during hunting season. You could try, although that would be a 5-6 hour drive for you, one way.

In the future, it may be prudent to book your processing date before you hatch eggs/order ducklings. Processors are few and far between now.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#3 2017-11-10 02:41:08

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Pigeon Lake Poultry Processing no longer does ducks.  :crying:

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#4 2017-11-10 03:39:25

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.

Can't blame them. Ducks are way harder to process.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#5 2017-11-10 13:04:50

Schipperkesue
Administrator

They charged what they were worth.  I am waiting for them to stop processing rabbits as well.  Sad news for the small producer in a province where you cannot do your own butchering.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

Board footer