AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.
  • Index
  •  » Genetics
  •  » Wyandotte Colour Breeding by Grant Brereton

#1 2017-11-30 17:46:18

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

Wyandotte Colour Breeding by Grant Brereton

I got Grant Brereton's new book on colour breeding genetics and I recommend it to anyone interested in that. It's available online directly from him. I think you can google the title and find it.

He writes in a conversational style and dispenses with the scientific mumbo jumbo. Basically it's a if you cross X with Y you'll get Z type of approach. A bit more indepth than that of course but I'm finding lots of useful info.

I don't have Wyandottes but the principles are the same for any breed and because there seems to be more colours of Wyandottes than in any other breed lots of interesting colours are covered and it's full of good photos.

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

#2 2017-12-01 12:09:55

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Wyandotte Colour Breeding by Grant Brereton

I loved loved that e book! Such beautiful colours. And,  For anyone truly interested in chicken genetics, Hutt's 500 page book titled  Genetics of the Fowl is a must- have volume. And one day I'd like a copy of Carefoot's book too, which has been reprinted thankfully- the cost of older copies is in the stratosphere.  Here's a link to some others:
http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/p … _Links.pdf

#3 2017-12-02 02:34:32

OC
Growing Member

Re: Wyandotte Colour Breeding by Grant Brereton

Great book, being a Wyandotte fancier, I really appreciate his work.

• Index
  •  » Genetics
  •  » Wyandotte Colour Breeding by Grant Brereton

Board footer