AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#61 2016-01-12 02:38:10

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Buckeye Owners Please Check in Here

That's great la-chicken!  Sign me up.

I now keep multiple roosters over the winter, bitter experience and more choice in the spring.  No problem selling extra roosters in the spring too.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#62 2016-01-12 13:32:13

CynthiaM
I Love A.C.E.

la-chicken, I am so pleased to hear of this organizing of a Canadian club for the buckeyes, I always wondered why there was not one in Canada, and now we are going to have it.  Just fabulous!  Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Two breeding groups of large fowl -- blue, splash and black cochins and buff orpingtons.     Located one half hour north of Vernon.  Also a keeper of the honeybees.

#63 2016-01-12 13:57:03

la-chicken
SOP Breeder
Website

CynthiaM wrote:

la-chicken, I am so pleased to hear of this organizing of a Canadian club for the buckeyes, I always wondered why there was not one in Canada, and now we are going to have it.  Just fabulous!  Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

I am very excited about this news as well.
When ABC approached me to start a Canadian Club I couldn't believe it.
This group has been mentoring, supporting and states the true for me!  At times it was harsh, but they have given me the confidence to be a breeder and not just an egg hatcher.

I truly hope the Canadian Club can be the same for others.  Help this glorious bird to become the bird they once were. 

Now to design a logo, by-laws, website, Facebook page, club t-shirts, club table items................this is going to be fun!

Home to: Buckeyes: I am very passionate and devoted in breeding Buckeyes. I am a breeder that is always improving the breed.  I want to breed a buckeye that Nettie Metcalf would be proud of.
               Looking forward to getting the Canadian Buckeye Club up and running under the umbrella of American Buckeye Club.

#64 2016-01-12 14:21:54

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

I'd be Happy to help if you need any! :D
I have space on my server if needed for a website.

Last edited by Robbie (2016-01-12 14:22:30)

#65 2016-01-12 15:28:40

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Robbie wrote:

What happened to your Buckeye?  :crying:

I don't know, I wasn't here.  It happened on the first day of a two week vacation.  It could have been worse from a breeding point of view.  It could have been a Houdan or a Cornish.

When my farm watcher texted the news to me I asked...black, brown or white?  When she replied "brown" I breathed a little sigh of relief.  I knew I had two more of equal quality.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#66 2016-01-12 19:54:31

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Things die when I go away and I never know why.

www.tatlayokofold.com

#67 2016-06-09 20:42:09

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

well thanks to heda i have 5 buckeye poults! :Thankx2:

PEOPLE WHO COUNT THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH ARE VERY WISE, FOR CHICKENS RUN ABOUT SO ABSURDLY THAT YOU CAN'T COUNT THEM OTHERWISE. smile :D
a nice little farm between 100 mile house and Williams Lake with some cornish, buckeye, Cochin, Orpington and mutt chickens, beef and milk cows, tamworth/berkshire pigs, dogs, gardens and cats.

#68 2016-06-09 23:20:10

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Hope there are lots of pullets, you will probably find at least one cockerel amongst them!

www.tatlayokofold.com

#69 2016-06-10 01:26:20

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

looking at the older 3 i think i have 2 pullets and one cockerel, will see though!

PEOPLE WHO COUNT THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH ARE VERY WISE, FOR CHICKENS RUN ABOUT SO ABSURDLY THAT YOU CAN'T COUNT THEM OTHERWISE. smile :D
a nice little farm between 100 mile house and Williams Lake with some cornish, buckeye, Cochin, Orpington and mutt chickens, beef and milk cows, tamworth/berkshire pigs, dogs, gardens and cats.

#70 2016-06-10 01:28:32

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Thanks to La-Chicken, I have ONE Buckeye 2015 Hen.   Have a feeling, that there could be more in the future.  Love them.   :Thankx2:

#71 2016-06-10 16:02:30

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

you better get a buckeye roo if you want to keep the buckeye!

#72 2016-08-01 20:18:35

shaded
Growing Member

heda gobbler wrote:

That's great la-chicken!  Sign me up.

I now keep multiple roosters over the winter, bitter experience and more choice in the spring.  No problem selling extra roosters in the spring too.

Me too. If I have space I will keep 2 boys in all my breeds pens, if not more-most of my breeds are pretty tolerant of extras.

White Chanteclers-Buckeyes-DarkStCornish-Brown&ExchequerLeghorns-BCMarans-Blue&SplashAmeracaunas
Narragansett, Beltsville SW, Slate & Bourbon Red turkeys. 
Heritage orchard herbs garden & heritage bees-descendants from this farm. Maple Syrup. Cage birds too.
Wish for 4 legged livestock!

#73 2018-01-07 19:48:56

Tis Shell
New Here

I currently have 3 hens from a flock dispersment, originally purchased from Zen.  I have 1 hen & 1 roo purchased from la chicken

Other than seeming affraid of me they're very calm and gentle.

Last edited by Tis Shell (2018-01-07 19:50:40)

#74 2018-01-10 00:37:39

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

That great Buckeye temperament seems to be passed along to crossbred offspring, too. Love this breed.

#75 2018-01-10 02:21:22

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

When I go into the rooster house all the Buckeye roosters run at me, just to say hello, no other breed does that!  They wind around my legs like affectionate cats!

www.tatlayokofold.com

Board footer