AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#106 2018-01-14 18:20:26

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Re: The start of a long haul

Susanr it's best if you put a leash and collar and hold the leash tight with the same hand you hold your sling. As your dog gets better it will be more and more difficult to control him with the sling and either you or he  could end up injured if he takes off on you.

#107 2018-01-14 20:49:33

susanr

I'll make sure I have a leash on her shortly.  Thank you for the reminder, Robbie.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#108 2018-01-30 21:52:15

susanr

Hubby had his CT scan last Thurs.  Haven't heard from the doc as yet - hoping that we don't - means all clear & nothing to worry about.  Bonnie is venturing out of the kennel without support a couple of times a day as of yesterday.  When she has had enough, she returns to the open kennel for a nap.  She is not allowed outside without the sling as yet - she is sure having fun giving me a good run when outside.  I should be pretty fit by spring at this rate.  She is not yet 100% but, so close - gaining strength in her right leg rapidly and is in no pain.  B"H

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#109 2018-01-31 00:52:04

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Fingers crossed. This waiting is agony!

#110 2018-01-31 11:11:17

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Praying that things continue on this same path for both Hubby and Bonnie.  You are going to be fit is understatement.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#111 2018-02-05 15:50:12

susanr

It has now been over a week with no phone call from either of the oncologists re: the CT scan.  This is good news as if there was an issue, we would have had a call for an appointment by now.  B"H  Bonnie is also on the mend.  She doesn't like to be in the kennel except to eat (so no one else can eat "her" food) and to sleep at night.  She still has a bit of a "hitch in her giddy up" but, is getting better daily.  She sure is enjoying being around the other dogs and cats & feeling like part of the family goings on again.  I still take her out with the sling - footing is dicey with our up & down weather and with the extreme cold - again - her feet get chilled fairly quickly.  Once the weather warms up again (forecast 2 weeks) she will be able to go out on her own - I will go out to keep an eye on her but, she is moving on her own really well.

#112 2018-02-05 16:54:30

niglefritz

clpz clpz :yess:

Great news!

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#113 2018-02-18 16:55:13

susanr

No call from the onco's - CT must be all clear!  B"H  Bonnie is out of the kennel except at night now.  Gaining strength and keeping up with the other two dachshunds easily.  Hubby has an appt with the cardiologist early March - not sure exactly why but, the cardiologist was involved prior to stem cell therapy and this appt is probably a follow-up to that.  Second maintenance chemo scheduled for beginning of April with onco visit the week prior - usual procedure.  Seems to be going well so far.  Hubby is gaining strength weekly - still pushing himself at times - at least he is resting & napping when needed.  B"H

#114 2018-02-18 21:37:42

niglefritz

Very encouraging to hear. clpz

My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#115 2018-02-19 06:51:35

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Thankful to hear it's all good news. I bet you both are so ready for a spring and a lifting of bleakness in every way.:hatch:

#116 2018-02-19 12:05:55

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Very good news.  I would imagine if things were not good on the scan, they would have notified you long before now.   This spring should offer you all a new beginning of sorts.  Advice would be to make sure you all walk and not run just yet.  Get the strength needed first.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#117 2018-03-07 15:48:09

susanr

Three days of snow has finally moved off leaving in its wake LOADS of snow.  Hubby had an appt with the cardiologist scheduled for today - he phoned and rescheduled as the roads are NASTY out there and we are pretty much snowed in.  The RM grader did the road yesterday while we were in town (I had an appt) and cleared out our driveway while we were gone!  Was a nice surprise to get home to :D  Hubby will be moving snow around the rest of the property today with the tractor and snowblower.  First time he has been outside for several days - he has been feeling very tired and sore from butchering a cow last week - there were four of us helping and I think we are all sore to varying degrees.  Hubby has an appt with the onco on the 29th of this month with maintenance chemo the following week - his appt with the cardio is scheduled for the 29th later that day.  Glad they could book them both on the same day - saves one trip to the city.  No calls from either of the cancer docs so far re: weekly blood work.  Keeping positive that it means all is well.  Bonnie is doing very well although, she has been plowing through the deep snow the last several days and tires herself out - she wobbles a bit when she has overworked her rear end although, she does come in and wants into the kennel to have a very deep sleep.  Once she has rested, she is back to normal.

#118 2018-03-07 18:34:29

niglefritz

I was thinking that you were sure getting walloped by that storm. We got some, but it stayed over you longer. Our road finally got plowed this morning, but it wasn't all that bad anyway.

It sound like everything is on the upswing for you. :hugz:

#119 2018-03-27 14:33:18

susanr

Had some lovely weather for the last several days.  Hubby had gathered enough energy to work out in the shop.  He is now cleaning and sorting the shop to prepare for some welding projects he has been wanting to get to for some time.  I am cleaning & sorting the house in preparation for Passover.  Thursday we will be in city for most of the day - hubby has an appt with the onco in the morning and an appt with the cardiologist + EKG in the afternoon.  Praying nothing unexpected comes from either of those.  He has maintenance chemo scheduled for April 3.  The following week, he will be in the city doing something fun & different.  Last December,  the president of the Regina Home Brewers club asked him to give a talk about beekeeping as, many of the members brew mead (wine made from honey).  The talk was very well received and hubby was presented with a membership to the club.  The brew club is hosting a country wide home brew tasting contest the second week of April and hubby was asked if he would like to be a judge.  Hubby is quite excited to do this and will be spending much of that week staying at another members home to do this - the tastings take place in the evening and it will make for a very long day for him - too long to risk driving the 2 hours home after each session.  I will be staying home to tend to things while he is away but, he will be home at the end of the week and we are both going into the city for the dinner and presentation of the awards.  Something different for both of us and will be fun.

#120 2018-03-27 16:02:06

niglefritz

Sounds like fun!

Board footer