AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2012-06-09 17:33:10

jross
New Here

Plucker plans?

Hi all. I have a drum and motor for a plucker but have no plans to put it together. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd sure appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

#2 2018-03-11 15:52:20

PLB
Growing Member

Re: Plucker plans?

google wiz-bang plucker

A society grows great when old men and women plant trees in whose in shade they know they shall never sit in.

#3 2018-03-11 18:01:16

AuntieEvil
Website

We used a HDPE, 1/2 inch thick round spinner instead of the aluminum one. The aluminum is probably easier to source. This plate helps prevent legs getting caught in the drain holes. We found that out a little late. Be careful which way you thread your bolt. It should tighten as the plucker spins. It should also be easy to remove for cleaning under the plate.
Watch your gear ratios, you want a plucker, not a chucker.
Make the chicken feather drainage ports bigger, and on the opposite side of the well protected motor. You'll be glad when you don't have to stop as often to clean out the accumulating feathers.
We found the big bike wheels didn't work well and switched them for smaller inflated wagon wheels.
It pays to buy better quality fingers.
It looks like they sell the plans on the whiz bang plucker site. We just winged it -lol

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#4 2018-03-14 00:08:26

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

I built the whiz bang. It's a pretty simple concept. You have a drum with 3 rows of plucker fingers, a base plate also with fingers like AuntieEvil described. It's the base that turns. And you have a motor that spins the base plate via a fanbelt and a couple of pulleys.  The book is not very expensive and gives dimensions and stuff so worth buying. If you're handy google and look at pictures. You can probably figure it out.

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

Board footer