AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2018-04-10 13:32:13

PLB
Growing Member

Re: germination of vegie seed.

white paper bags, so they reflect heat. are great for stopping cross pollination. my advice, get a copy of the seed savers guide from seed savers if you have never saved seed this is the bible. some plants dont need protection they pollinate themselves. Seeds of Diversity Canada  www.seeds.ca  1 800 509 7333

A society grows great when old men and women plant trees in whose in shade they know they shall never sit in.

#17 2018-04-10 16:28:06

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

Another good seed saving book is Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth. It has detailed instructions on just about every vegetable plant you can think of.

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

#18 2018-04-10 22:46:22

AuntieEvil
Website

Thanks =) Now I have some studying to do...

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#19 2018-05-11 13:32:20

PLB
Growing Member

i just tilled my garden and planted soup peas reg peas and salad. as i tilled i ran over a double row of lettuce that didnt germinate completely last spring. i was on top of it before i noticed but didnt want it where it was anyway. this is the earliest iv ever planted anything except plants(strawberry raspberry ect.) and trees . we havent had a night frost in over a month. the lettuce seed over wintered with no snow and very cold temp, enough to kill most of my garlic. we over winter corn salad (field salad in europe ) in just a small cold frame its so hardy it freaks me out, and very yummy .even after it bolts. if you interested in corn salad make sure its the type with larger seed. otherwise its not fun to harvest the plants are so tiny.

A society grows great when old men and women plant trees in whose in shade they know they shall never sit in.

#20 2018-05-13 14:43:09

RavenHeart

I've planted carrots , beans , Romain  Lettuce , cuke's here as the ground is warm and temps  are in the mid 20's for the most part , but so far nada , extremely dry and i am watering the rows everyday ,The carrot seeds are pelleted so i had hoped for some sign of germination  but absolutely nothing ! I think it's going to be  Challenging year here for anything in the ground ........the water just disappears and in no time the ground is dry ! Haven't had any rain yet this spring which is odd .....

But for on Ravens wings i take flight ever higher into this my night

#21 2018-05-26 23:49:58

RavenHeart

So stranglt enough hardly anything is coming up from the first planting , I have been watering daily , early morning and evening , temps are mid twenties and higher .On a side not i found some corn seed that had been in the green house for at least two years ........it's germinating ?

But for on Ravens wings i take flight ever higher into this my night

Board footer