AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#121 2018-04-09 14:52:18

susanr

Re: The start of a long haul

Visit with the onco went great - she confirmed that nothing showed up on the CT scan.  B"H - remission.  Visit with the cardiologist was also good - nothing of concern on the EKG.  She does want another echocardiogram to compare to the last one - will get a call or letter when that appt is booked - she is pretty confident there will be nothing of concern.  Hubby had maintenance chemo last Tues - no side effects other than the energizer bunny reaction to the steroids for three days - normal.  Onco said that it may be possible for him to get his maintenance chemo (every three months) done at the hospital in Melville or, there is a shot to the abdomen that is also a possibility.  Hubby is mulling over those two options although, he is getting almost a PTSD reaction to getting needles at this point and I think the shot will be off the table.

Bonnie is doing very well - back to her normal, bouncy self again :)  All the doxies are having a bit of trouble moving around outside with all the ice out there - I am leaving their toe nails a bit longer than usual to give them some extra traction for now.  I am also leaving the hair on the bottom of their feet long to protect their pads from the brittle snow and ice everywhere.  Whenever the weather warms up, it will be one lengthy "spa" day for the three of them.

Hubby will be off for the brew judging late this afternoon.  He is getting very excited to do this - something new and very different.  We will both be going to the awards ceremony next Sat.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#122 2018-04-09 22:01:46

RavenHeart
Growing Member

Awesome news ......

But for on Ravens wings i take flight ever higher into this my night

#123 2018-04-09 22:19:59

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Good News!
I was told there are 2 main reactions to steroids, roid rage and housecleaning LOL!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#124 2018-04-09 22:24:20

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

So happy to hear this.

#125 2018-04-10 01:05:41

niglefritz

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#126 2018-04-12 22:39:07

susanr

Hubby phoned the cancer clinic earlier today - the lab tech for his blood work wanted an updated requisition as the one currently on file was issued in October - when he came home after stem cell treatment.  There are requests on the current one that need to be updated as they aren't valid since the SCT.  Hubby went down for a nap while I was prepping for supper - he is still sleeping at the moment.  The clinic phoned back and told me that weekly blood work is no longer necessary - just one requisition that the onco gave him to have done prior to his next visit with her in June.  Yippee!!  Hubby will be so happy to hear this - he is really getting adverse reactions to needles - almost PTSD reactions.  So glad he doesn't have to have them weekly now - I'm sure he will be very happy to hear this too!

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#127 2018-04-12 23:35:49

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Very glad for him!

#128 2018-04-13 11:35:23

AuntieEvil
Website

:thumbsup:
Excellent news

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#129 2018-04-13 14:02:55

niglefritz

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#130 2018-04-14 10:45:13

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

YAY!!!!  That's so great.  I bet he was very happy too.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#131 2018-04-14 12:57:54

RavenHeart
Growing Member

But for on Ravens wings i take flight ever higher into this my night

#132 2018-04-14 18:24:08

susanr

Yes he certainly was MGF - he actually danced around!  :veryfunny:

#133 2018-04-22 15:07:44

susanr

Things were going pretty well around here until last week.  Hubby started feeling ill several days after being home from the ale judging.  We thought he may have picked up a flu or cold bug from someone there - until he started developing a nasty rash on his head.  Went to the doctor and it is shingles.  He had been on an anti-virual to avoid this from the start of chemo until this past Jan.  That medication made him quite ill and the onco told him he could stop taking it.  Ugh  Now he is on a double dose until this Tues and decrease to two pills twice a day for the next month.  I am back to bleaching everything he touches and will be getting a shingles vaccine myself.  This too shall pass - I keep reminding myself.  On the upside, spring has finally arrived during the last few days - the snow is melting very quickly although, with the ground being so dry from last years drought, the ground is soaking it up like a sponge leaving very few puddles and muddy spots for the dachshunds to find.

#134 2018-04-22 21:02:07

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Oh I know how he feels. I had shingles round my eye and one side of my face. Awful. Wish him all the best!

#135 2018-04-22 21:26:48

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Oh shoot, that's too bad.  My Mother had shingles and it was a rough go for her but, she is much older than your hubby.  Wishing him a quick recovery and hope that you don't get it.  xoxo

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

Board footer