AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2018-04-13 04:04:51

RavenHeart

Fertile or not

Just curious if one always see's the Bulls eye on an egg , i understand it's a sign of fertility .......i got eggs destined for a hatchery so i assume they are fertile , i did crack two open , there was that white membrane  thing , but i couldn't see a bulls eye .........no loss as i got the eggs for free if they are not fertile , got 82 going right now so in a week i should know

But for on Ravens wings i take flight ever higher into this my night

#2 2018-04-13 13:53:41

PLB
Growing Member

Re: Fertile or not

i just wait 7 days and candle:hatch:

A society grows great when old men and women plant trees in whose in shade they know they shall never sit in.

#3 2018-04-14 02:45:25

RavenHeart

Yea i guess ..see what happens

#4 2018-04-14 06:46:04

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

You have 82 eggs in an incubator?!

#5 2018-04-14 12:53:30

RavenHeart

Two incubators Uno , i was given 150 Cornish eggs , could have filled another incubator had i found one ..at $2;30 a chick i figured i might as well try

#6 2018-04-14 17:33:36

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

The thing to look for is not the chalazae which is the white thing. That's actually a membrane that holds the yolk in place. It breaks when you crack the egg so it looks like a white blob or string.

On the yolk you'll see a pale round disk about the size of a match head.  It's the Blastodisc if it's not fertile it will just look like a yellow dot. If it gets fertilized it will have a noticeable depression in the centre which is why people call it a bullseye. The proper name is Blastoderm.

BTW the sticky showing pictures of fertile and nonfertile eggs no longer works. The pictures are gone.

Last edited by shaneb99 (2018-04-14 17:36:15)

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

#7 2018-04-15 03:34:34

RavenHeart

O i'm not new to this.....been a few years since i hatched is all , I just couldn't find that Bullseye on the yolk .......might be duds ? see after seven days if there is any sign of life .....the eggs were for hatcheries so i have to assume there will be fertile ones ........if not no loss as they were free

Board footer