AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#151 2018-05-07 21:36:21

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: The start of a long haul

Does anyone know if the vaccinations really help?  I have heard that they only work for a few types of shingles.  Can they test people to see what kind of chicken pox antibodies they have in order to get the right vaccine?

Starting with Blue, Black, and Splash Ameraucanas and Red Cuckoo Basque (Marraduna).

#152 2018-05-08 12:46:47

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Apparently the new (and far more expensive one) is very effective.  The old one...not so much.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#153 2018-05-08 15:12:42

susanr

Schnookie, I would think that a doctor could do a blood test to see how much protection or lack thereof would be in ones system.  When I was pregnant (many years ago-my son is now 35), there was a rubella outbreak in Edmonton.  My father was almost in a panic for me to get the doc to check me out.  Doc did a blood test and wrote the results down so I could show them to my dad - I have enough antibodies in my system to keep me protected well beyond my expiry date (according to the doc).

I have heard the same Sue.  The doc told me the old one is a live vaccine but, the new expensive one is a dead one which is much more effective.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#154 2018-05-18 21:08:01

niglefritz

I learned via an herbalist class today that pot marigold (not the French marigold)...calendula, is great used externally and internally for shingles. Who knew? I thought if this can help those here with shingles, that I had better pass this on.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#155 2018-05-18 21:13:27

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Calendula ointment is actually recommended to be used to soothe the effects of whole breast radiation!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#156 2018-05-19 02:01:16

niglefritz

Actually, he mentioned that calendula was being studied in relation to helping out with breast cancer. He barely touched on that.

It can do a lot of things that I had no idea of, actually.

Cool. :thumbsup:

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

Board footer