AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2018-07-06 18:22:13

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

My new chickens

I haven't had chicks for probably 4 or 5 years but my poor old girls are getting so old that they don't lay much anymore and the rooster is just something to look at. One old girl especially doesn't see too well or maybe has a touch of dementia but she has a habit of getting lost at night and I have to go looking for her in the other buildings and bringing her home. Cull them? Nooo. They've been around too long. I think the oldest of them are maybe 10. Anyhow I sent for some chicks. They arrived the 27th of April. 5 varieties were supposed to be mine and 1 my grandson's. I still have his. Oh well. There were Black Minorcas, Buff Orpingtons, Salmon Favorelles, White bantam Sultans, Red Jungle Fowl, and Cuckoo Marans. There is 1 little stray in the bunch that I have no idea what he is. Definitely bantam. Presently speckled red and black. Rose comb. I'd take a picture but at present, i can't get them off my camera. My thoughts were to keep 5 or 6 hens from each bunch and a good rooster or two. I am really enjoying the different personalities of each variety. They are all together at present but hope to have them separated into groups by fall. I work really slow anymore and need help with some of the heavy stuff but maybe I can snare a son or grandson to give me a hand after haying??. Try anyway.

#2 2018-07-06 21:25:41

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Re: My new chickens

Congratulations on he new babies, I'm sure they'll give you much pleasure!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#3 2018-07-07 00:33:50

niglefritz

It sounds like you have a feast for the eyes! Wonderful to hear. :lovedrool:

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#4 2018-07-12 13:14:11

susanr

Congratulations on the new babies!  So much joy watching them grow up.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

Board footer