AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2018-09-27 14:52:29

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

Serama rooster

I have a Serama rooster about 6 months old to give away.

https://i.postimg.cc/fb5tNp1s/IMG_7204.jpg

Starting with Blue, Black, and Splash Ameraucanas and Red Cuckoo Basque (Marraduna).

#2 2018-09-28 15:12:18

niglefritz

Re: Serama rooster

I want. I can't, I can't...:help:

I would love to get him, and we are coming to Regina Oct. 21 for a big tournament. The only really warm place that I would have to keep him is in the basement, and I would have no suitable company for him down there. I also would have to pass it by my husband...

I just have to ask if he is easy to handle? How small is he? I will still talk with my husband and get back to you.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#3 2018-09-28 18:10:57

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

He is about 6 inches tall.  He already crows quite a bit.  It's kind of squeaky.  I got him when I bought some Ameraucana chicks.  The seller snuck him in the box.  I don't have anyone his size to keep him with, and my building is not very warm.  I would have to keep him in the basement alone for the winter, so I was hoping to find him a better arrangement.  Before I got him he was free ranging.  When I caught him to take him away from the Ameraucanas I found out he can run really fast.  :)  When I picked him up he bit my finger (didn't hurt or break skin), and he kicked at my hand (no spurs, didn't hurt).  All the chicks were basically wild from running loose.  When I open his cage I have to watch, he tries to run out the door.  I haven't been handling him, but I think if he were alone and someone spent time with him he would be tamer.

I've been calling him Shorty.

Starting with Blue, Black, and Splash Ameraucanas and Red Cuckoo Basque (Marraduna).

#4 2018-09-28 18:26:23

niglefritz

Thanks. I was kind of hoping to get some of this breed next year, so might be able to find him a friend of the same breed. I could possibly get him a Mille Flour/Sablepoot hen for company this fall.

This might be a stupid question, but would it be possible to put him with quail or would that be a disaster? My husband *might* be more on board with that and I know that I can easily source these.

My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#5 2018-09-29 00:22:42

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

I have read that you should not mix poultry and game birds.  Other people may know if it's a good idea.

I was wrong.  He's about 8 or 9 inches tall when he stands up straight.  If someone is going to handle and spend time with him while he's in the house, he may be alright alone.

#6 2018-09-29 15:29:06

niglefritz

Ok.

#7 2018-10-08 15:54:36

niglefritz

I am letting you know that I am still working on it. The kids are on board. Of course, that part wasn't hard.

#8 2018-10-12 16:47:00

niglefritz

Success! I will get the rooster! :thumbsup:

I will email you to get more information and make arrangements.

#9 2018-10-13 10:40:38

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Congratulations to both of you!   He sure is a looker.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#10 2018-10-13 11:59:11

AuntieEvil
Website

:congrats:

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#11 2018-10-13 16:00:12

niglefritz

I am excited. I hope that all will go well once he is at our place. Since he will be a pet, he will need a name. That will be fun.

#12 2018-10-13 18:25:36

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

Here's what he looks like now.  I think he's pretty.

https://i.postimg.cc/5tYCb2vY/IMG-7454.jpg

#13 2018-10-14 03:00:45

niglefritz

He got a lot of oohs and aaahs from here. Very handsome.

#14 2018-10-21 22:20:13

niglefritz

It was great to meet you today, Shnookie. My first in real life ACE person meet. :thumbsup:

The rooster has a name already, probably not the most original...Sir Rama. My husband named him. :P

#15 2018-10-22 10:55:49

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

Congratulations!

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

Board footer