AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2018-10-11 15:44:53

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

$1 Eggs Vs. $89 Eggs in Japan

Thought others might find this interesting.  That second chef is a hoot but I was most interested in how the last guy says he used a combination of breeding and feeding to create a deluxe egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yh6-d_u-hA

Black Ameraucana

#2 2018-10-11 18:32:49

niglefritz

Re: $1 Eggs Vs. $89 Eggs in Japan

Kichi Kichi!

Boiling in volcanic water for black eggs? Interesting. I wonder if & how that might change the flavor?

I found the breeding & feeding comments interesting too. The one breed was mentioned, but not what it is crossed with. None pictured looked familiar to me. Chilis & paprika for the color, but I wonder what else is fed.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#3 2018-10-12 16:17:54

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

niglefritz wrote:

Kichi Kichi!

Boiling in volcanic water for black eggs? Interesting. I wonder if & how that might change the flavor?

I found the breeding & feeding comments interesting too. The one breed was mentioned, but not what it is crossed with. None pictured looked familiar to me. Chilis & paprika for the color, but I wonder what else is fed.

I'm sure he keeps some closely guarded secrets.

I don't think I've ever seen a yolk so strong you could pick it up.  Although I guess I've never tried either.

Imagine if you could get $89 per dozen.

Black Ameraucana

#4 2018-10-12 16:42:41

niglefritz

Duck eggs might pick up, although I have never tried that. The texture & color looked much like duck.

$89/dozen. That would be great! People here are so VERY cheap. Anything more than $2.50/dozen from a farm and they think you are ripping them off. Yet some will pay big bucks (Canada's version of big bucks) for the buzz words in the store from an unknown "farm." If they don't actually say that they are offended & appalled, their face & body language say it all.

Because of this, I choose to give my extra eggs away to those who I know truly need and appreciate it and as a thank you for those who voluntarily put so much time, effort & teaching into our kids. I will not feed the cheap mentality.

I would not refuse $89, though.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#5 2018-10-12 18:34:22

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Yeah, I got tired of people wanting me to subsidize their groceries too.  I just started giving extras away.  The flock is small enough now that I never have extra anyway.

Black Ameraucana

Board footer